When people escape to the beaches of Tampa Bay, they typically do so with the notion of unwinding in paradise. Here the air is abundant and clean. The waters are gentle and soothing. The aroma of flowers proliferates throughout lush tropical landscapes. ‘Ah, this is the life. This is how it was meant to be lived,’ you say to yourself.
You see, everyone needs some TLC every now and then. Perhaps you haven’t taken the time to care for yourself in some time, or maybe you and your significant other needed some time where it’s just the two of you. Whatever your reason may be for coming to the area, you should embrace it to the fullest and savor every moment.
One of the best ways you can embrace the spirit of the treasured Florida lifestyle is by visiting one of the area’s spas. There are quite a few up and down the beaches, each offering their own unique spin on rest and relaxation. Here are some of our favorites. Take your pick and enjoy this much-needed getaway that will certainly rejuvenate you.
Lemon Tree Spa
The Lemon Tree Spa isn’t just a spa – it’s a holistic wellness center dedicated to the art of peaceful living. You can choose from a variety of facials, skin treatments, massages, waxing, and aromatherapy treatments. A detox wrap helps remove toxins from beneath the skin and promotes cellular energy. A seaweed wrap also flushes out impurities of the skin and reduces water retention. And Organic or European Facial brings out the youth of your skin, while a Spa Glo Treatment gives you a sun-kissed healthy look without hours of being in the sun. They are located in St. Pete Beach.
David Wayne Salon and Spa
The David Wayne Salon and Spa in downtown Tierra Verde is the place to go for hair and nail care on the beaches. Everyone wants to look beautiful in their vacation photographs. Why not go in for a touchup on color, some fresh new highlights, a trim, or even a conditioning treatment to liven up your locks? You can also have a gorgeous pedicure that will look perfect in pair of sandals or open-toe heels. Try their new GELeration manicures, which last for several weeks at a time and pose no harm to the natural nail. It’s a much healthier, more natural alternative to acrylics, although they do those as well.
Jacqueline’s Salon and Day Spa
Get pampered ‘the island way’ with Jacqueline’s Salon and Day Spa in Treasure Island. Choose from massages, body treatments, facials, hair, nails, waxing, and even makeup. If you’re looking to detox and want silky smooth skin, try the Milk and Honey Scrub or the Sedona Mud Wrap. For tired muscles, go for a Relaxation Massage with a Foot Scrub and Hot Stone Treatment. They offer a full array of hair services so you can get all the beauty touchups you need – highlights, color, and cut. You can also explore some amazing add-ons like organic makeup application (perfect for that romantic dinner) or butterfly lash extensions.
Looking to move your business to St. Petersburg? St. Petersburg, Florida is a charming coastal community with a quieter, more family-oriented atmosphere than Tampa, its more well-known neighbor to the Northeast.
Reasons to consider moving your business here include an opportunity to reach more families, to be closer to the beaches, to reach older residents, to be immersed in a more carefree, peaceful setting, and to tap into the area’s rich tourism, which lends itself nicely to restaurants, retail stores, shopping malls, and more.
With the aforementioned criteria, here are some of the best areas to plant your business’ roots:
1) Downtown St. Petersburg – A vibrant community of boutique shops, concert venues, independently-owned bars and restaurants, hotels, and a gorgeous waterfront, downtown St. Petersburg may cost a pretty penny when it comes to purchasing or renting retail space, but it’s worth it if you’re looking to attract the casual passer-by and walk-in customers. It also makes sense when it comes to convenience. There are a lot of law offices and other businesses down there. It does feature a new grocery store, two nearby hospitals, and the ever-growing University of South Florida St. Petersburg Campus. Commercial enterprise and residential living are both thriving.
2) Gateway – The Gateway area is quickly growing into a bustling residential community. If you’re relying on high-traffic business for a restaurant or bar, this may not be the best option, depending on where exactly you are. This area is mostly residential, featuring new, trendy condominiums and apartments, so catering to the needs of the residents in the community is a must. A nice compromise may be on 4th street North, on the outskirts of the gateway area. If you’re looking to build, this area has a LOT of untapped potential and is projected to thrive in the upcoming years. It also is the closest area to the Howard Frankland Bridge, meaning accessibility is a plus.
3) Tyrone – The Tyrone area, in Northwest St. Petersburg, provides a unique mix of suburban life with commercial businesses. You’ll find a number of reasonably-priced homes in safe neighborhoods with many schools, doctors’ offices, grocery stories, three recreation centers, churches, restaurants, a large shopping mall, a Walmart, Target, and more. It offers just about everything you need within close proximity.
4) Grand Central/Historic Kenwood – This arts and entertainment district is approximately 2 miles from the downtown St. Petersburg waterfront and is located along Central Avenue. It is adjacent to Tropicana Field, home of the Tampa Bay Rays, as well as numerous other sporting events including the Beef ‘O’ Brady’s Bowl, Under Armour High School All-America game, and the East-West Shrine Game. This area gains its appeal from being centrally located in between several neighborhoods. It’s ethnically diverse and in recent years has seen a boom in retail, condominiums/apartments, and restaurants.
Saint Petersburg is a city in, and Russia’s federal subject. They are located on Neva River at the Gulf of Finland, Baltic Sea. It is also known as Petrograd and Leningrad. Saint Petersburg is very westernized, and they have a large number of International Corporations, banks and different kinds of businesses.
St. Petersburg has offered so many historical places to visit. Because of these, there are so many travel deals constantly offered to visitors from everywhere. Whatever the purpose of visit may be, the travelers will surely get the best deals possible.
Don Cesar Beach Resort, a Loews Hotel
This is a resort facing the Gulf of Mexico. It is also known as the Pink Place. As listed in the National Register of Historic Places, the resort has retained its Jazz Age style. The ceilings are adorned with crystal chandeliers. The reception area is greeted by a spiral staircase. The resort holds many areas apt for unwinding.
The Maritana Grille Restaurant has a nautical them and offers Florida-Caribbean cuisine. They house aquariums with saltwater that stocks indigenous fishes. The Sea Porch Caf gives an open beach surroundings. They serve both light Caribbean and Mediterranean dishes.
Beachcomber Bar and Grill serves guests by the pool, including appetizers and full meals. And the Resort’s Lobby Bar has live piano entertainment every weekday.
The resort’s fitness room is complete with gym equipment like free weights, and other cardiovascular machines. They have two outdoor pools, one of which has an underwater sound system.
Outfitter visitors would be interested to try out the water sport equipment available for rent in the resort. Spa Oceana Houses consist of Hair and beauty salon, 16 massage treatment rooms, steam and sauna rooms and Vichy showers.
The resort also offers children’s activities like movie and beach activities and also arts and crafts. The resort has its own shop that it offers swimwear, clothing that has the logo of Don Cesar and golf apparels.
The resort is a 90 story property with 277 guestrooms. Its guestrooms are furnished with Egyptian cotton linens on the wrought iron beds. Rooms have mini bars and coffeemakers. Maximum of two pets are allowed with a rate of 25 US dollars per stay.
For children under 17 years old, they will not be charged. The hotel also offers event catering services. For recreation, they have an arcade/game room. The premises are surrounded with a garden.
Beachcomber Beach Resort & hotel
This hotel is strategically located near many attractions in St. Petersburg. They have the gracious accommodation that every visitor or guest is looking forward. Their rooms are equipped with two extra long double beds. There are also rooms with just one bed but in king size. The amenities in each room are complete.
Their guestrooms have divisions for kitchen and dining. Even the kitchen facilities in the kitchenette are complete. The resort has all kinds of restaurants and bars for their guest to choose from.
Other property amenities are daily live entertainment, a bar/lounge, nightclub, poolside bar, arcade room and pool table. Plus, there are complimentary newspapers in the lobby.
Children under 17 years old are not charged. Pets are not allowed inside the building.
Your historical experience in the city need not be very expensive with many affordable hotels in St. Petersburg. The sites to see are priceless but your memories need not be so.
Related Saint Petersburg Beach Articles
With the ever booming real estate sector, the jobs of Real Estate Appraisers are increased multifold with increase of demands and apposite appointments from the money lending agencies. The demand of real estate appraisal is quite vital for any money lending agency and banks as well as for financers. While many people try to escalate the property’s value in order to obtain base-less advantages, hiring an independent real estate appraisal agencies seems to be a fair option to assure the value of the property in the present market context before doing any financial transactions.
Who are Real Estate Appraisers?
Real Estate Appraiser is skilled and certified professional among a pool of such certified professionals, who are skilled enough to evaluate the prevailing market value of a property for using the same as a mortgage or sell it to a second party. They are usually appointed by a bank or financial institution offering money on credit or loan. These professionals must be certified by a statutory authority under the Federal Government and must have adequate field experience in doing appraisal jobs. Under US law, a Real Estate Appraiser must have obtained a trainee license, must have practical exposure under an appraisal mentor and must pass the examination certified by the jurisdiction awarding the credential of a Certified Residential Appraiser.
What things you need to keep in track in order to get the best appraisal done?
Once your property or project is submitted to the bank or any other finance/ lending organization, and once you are assigned a Real Estate Appraiser for your property estimation, you can check on the following few points in order to estimate the best deal;
1. Inquire if the appraiser is familiar with your area: This is an important factor which can help in estimating a realistic approximation of the value of the real estate. Most of the banks and other such institutions delegate an independent agency for property value evaluation. If the assessment professional or appraiser is not familiar with your area he/ she may not offer a realistic value to your property.
2. Stay with them during appraisal: You need to stay with your Real Estate Appraiser during the evaluation process. You also need to suggest them the value of the property as per the current market propositions and its future projections. You can help your appraiser to assess the value properly with your constructive inputs.
3. Check if you have the right kind of appraisal done: Depending upon the requirements and types of properties, appraisals can vary. You need to understand these basic types of appraisals, which are applicable to your commercial property, residential or refinanced property. Checking the same with the appraiser can not only offer you a better appraisal, but can also help you to get the deals done with best possible value of the real estate.
4. If you are not satisfied with the appraisal, ask the appraiser: There may be some times, when your appraised value of the property or home is far below your expectations level. A Real Estate Appraiser is licensed to do appraisal as per the statutory norms. If you don’t understand anything, ask them for an explanation.
5. Use of appraised statement/ appraisal reports: Always remember that your appraisal report is under the ownership of the agency who usually gets the appraisal done and the finding of the report is valid up to a maximum period of one year. If you need the reports of the appraisal for any purpose, take prior and written permission from the authority.
Understanding these small, but important aspects of the appraisal can offer you a better proposition. You can also have a valid and certified rating for your real estate with a sensible appraisal. This can also help you to get the best deal for sure.